Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In the spirit of Forgotten Bookmarks...

a fascinating blog and book by Michael Popek, I have a cache of things I have found in books over the years, but this find over the weekend is among the most intriguing:



Found in a paperback copy of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, with Central Jr. High School written in the front cover and the cryptic  "F-CHR 00000934" in the back cover.

I am rather sure I picked up the copy from among the donations to Alabama libraries after the April tornados. One of our novel class reads a Christie, and many choose And Then There Were None, so I would have wanted any I could find. I just hope the reader didn't NEED the numbers, especially that emergency one.

But speaking of bookstores, if this doesn't bring a tear to your eyes... well, you're just a heathen, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment