Three months? Been gone for a minute, but now I’m back with the jump-off, as Lil’ Kim once said so pithily.
Wow, January and February were rough. There was that too-early Midwinter with some super-charged Batchelder Award conversations, the anointing of our glorious winner The Wonderful Fluffy Little Squishy, then some life and death family drama, too … too little time to think, let alone write down thoughts ex post facto...
But some positives, too:
- I'm sad I couldn't make the LAMBDA Summit in Knoxville this week. That looked really important.
- Our state library association conference next month. Spy theme!
- Our state school library association conference this June. Joyce Valenza! Submit your proposal to present today. And we have scholarships, and shiny awards, too, so Alabama peeps should get on it...
- I'm planning to go to AASL’s CLASS II Research Summit this April in Washington, D.C. Causation, how you gonna prove it?
- Gaming as Meaningful Education: AASL & Gaming RT conference this September in Rochester. The Fall Forum morphs into something really enticing.
- Data Literacy Webinars (sponsored by IMLS/4T) all online July 14-15, mark your calendars now. Part of a really exciting IMLS funded project from the smart people at the University of Michigan.
And just when I was sort of over Twitter, taken over as it has been by amateur marketers, but Lauren Laverne reels me back in… but, no, seriously, I'm checking out (if not posting) to insta & tumblr much more often these days.