Monday, June 17, 2013

Possessing the secret of joy, even on the road

In one week, I'll be in San Antonio...
In two weeks, I'll be in Council at ALA Annual...
In three weeks, I'll be in Mississippi...

Part of me feels like crying, because where is my summer?
But part of me is thrilled because I love every minutes of this craziness, and I avoid choices by attempting to do it all.

Below is the slidedeck (webpage) of Library of Congress and  I presented at our state organizations last week:



When my principal wanted to nominate me for a Distinguished Service Award, I thought the Alabama School Library Association would come after me for monopolizing all their honors. I have matching plaques from 2011 and 2012, too -- technology and programs. But then I thought, this is for service. Frankly, who serves Alabama school libraries MORE than me? Thanks, Cyndy, for the pic, and thanks to my schools and sweet husband for allowing me to spend my time and resources in this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment